Below is a list of those candidates and next to each candidate you will find the results of the primary for each.
Candidates for Muskegon Drain Commissioner in 2008s primary were as follows:
- David Fisher (R) with 2,082 votes
- David L. Schultz (R) with 1,707 votes
- Mike Smith (R) with 1,243 votes
- Martin L. Hulka (D) with 2,541 votes
- Kenny G. Erdman (D) with 929 votes
- Jeffrey A. Hepler (D) with 4,238 votes
- Bill Larson (D) with 2,857 votes
- Adam Rosema (D) with 2,067 votes
Democrat Jeff Hepler won the election and ousted long time incumbent Marty Hulka who has served the office since 1977.