Joe Ferrier has been a licensed Realtor and Broker in the Muskegon area for more than 20 years and knows the area well. Joe understands the importance of the Muskegon County Drain Commissioners responsibilities all to well – Joe has property in a flood zone and spends a lot of time monitoring lake and river elevations.
Joe has been involved in construction since 1977 and is fully cognizant of the importance of proper drainage when building structures. Joe brings to the table comprehensive knowledge of detention ponds, various size culverts and even multiple large culverts in one drain and is known for thinking outside the box.
Here is Joes vision for Muskegon Drain Commissioner:
- Produce a Master Map of all drain systems (the Drain Commission can not accurately locate all drains)
- Create a Watershed and District Plat
- Locate drains that are in state or federally funded
- watershed/clean-up districts
- Require drainage ponds to be properly secure
- Correct retention ponds installed in some major developments
- Improve technology and software to be more efficient
- Use “Google Earth” to identify overlooked drain issues
- Complete Procedure Requirements
- Recognizes pollutants that can accompany storm water, where others have failed
Joe is an outgoing person and gets along well with others and has received the highest rating from the “Muskegon Area Chamber of Commerce”
For more information, contact Joe at:
3300 Lenedo St.
Muskegon, MI. 49444